Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday Surprise

Our neighbou, Alain, came over in the morning to ask if we would like some venison. He hunts regularly and he had shot a chevreuil (roe deer) earlier in the week. We were only too happy to say yes and he said to go round in the early evening to pick it up.
In the afternoon I had my first tournament at the bridge club. It was specially for beginners and the 4 of us from our group played 15 hands. I have to say that I didn't play well and was bottom of our group! Enjoyable if somewhat nerveracking.
Once home I went over to Alains and he gave me a leg and shoulder of venison as well as 6 chops and a couple of kilos of stewing meat. Added to which he also gave me his grandmothers recipe for "civet" a sort of stew involving lots of red wine and some Armagnac! Oh and a dozen eggs as well.

No comments: