Monday, May 5, 2008

Bridge

On Saturday the 4rd May we had a bridge tournament for beginners at the club. In fact it is simultaneous and all bridge beginners in France compete at the same time. I have to admit that I find it quite scary! There were only 2 tables, 8 of us, at our club. I felt that I played better than I did at the first tournament but still didn't manage to be in the top 4. Never mind, once I had settled down I did enjoy it. Afterwards we had all taken food and after the obligatory aperitif we had a meal. Our other halves were invited for the evening but sadly Nigel wasn't well enough to come. It was good to meet the other students partners and to be together in a social situation as when we go to classes there is no time for chit chat. I got on very well with the wife of A, a local dentist, who is in my class. He is a very nice chap but not very chatty or outgoing, the complete opposite of his wife who was very chatty and with whom I got on very well. A long afternoon and evening as we played from 3pm to 6pm and I finally was one of the first to leave at 9.30pm.

No comments: