Sunday, May 2, 2021

Lauren March 2013

Steve and Kristina's daughter, my granddaughter, was born on the 8th March. I'm not sure of the date I went over but I
think it must have been early Apri and a flying visit from Bordeaux to Bristol. I have just found my old Airbnb booking and I was there from the 3-10 April. I picked up a hire car at Bristol airport and had a private room in a house quite close to Steve and Kris'. I was pretty comfortable there but wasnt happy with cats walking all over the kitchen surfaces! Still i only had my breakfast, cereal, to prepare so it wasnt really a problem. Wouldnt stay there again though. I remember Steve taking a photo of me when I was able to hold her for the first time, sadly I cant find it, but I do remember the joy of the occasion. There is a small shopping centre not too far away from them and Kris and I walked up there with Lauren and had a coffee in the Starbuck's. It seems to be a popular meeting place for the young mums in the area, many of them looking rather sleep deprived!

No comments: