Saturday, January 5, 2008











Christmas Day.




For the first time in almost 30 years there were no animals or poultry to attend to on Christmas morning. Well the dogs needed letting out but that was all!! What luxury. I lay in bed with tea and toast whilst Steve and Jay cooked breakfast. We got up when it was served and went straight to the table, amazing!! After breakfast we opened our stockings that Sasa had done for us. Then after a short break onto the presents under the tree. N had bought me a French Scrabble dictionary, I had dropped many hints about wanting one. So many nice presents and everyone seemed pleased with what they got. I poured myself a glass of Baileys, my annual Christmas treat, and then hid the bottle in the bedroom as it would have disappeared in a flash!! Then into the kitchen to prepare the capon for the oven. Jason prepared the vegetables and Steve was my right hand man in the kitchen and Sasa did the table. That sounds as if it all happened in a flash but it was about 5 pm when we sat down to eat. After starter and main course we were all too full to eat Christmas pudding so we saved that till later. Once again, after the meal, I thanked my lucky stars for the dishwasher although I did have to wash up the best plates and serving dishes which had their annual outing! Everyone collapsed in front of the TV and I am afraid to say that I fell asleep about 10pm! I woke up after about half and hour and tried to stay awake but in vain, I had to go to bed!! A wonderful, wonderful day. Only sadness is that we weren't able to share it with Rob, Dannielle and Jonny.

No comments: