Saturday, January 5, 2008

The next day.

The next day got off to a wonderful start. The pc had been making a noise and we thought that the fan was on its way out. I took it into Mont de Marsan to the repair shop. First surprise was that I was able to park in front of the shop. Second was that they confirmed that it needed a new fan and not only did they have one in stock they replaced it there and then. On the way back I called in at Leclerc, here again all went well, not too busy and no long queues at the till. I arrived back home feeling on top of the world at having such a successful morning.
Martin and Mieke arrived at lunchtime, they had spent Christmas with friends in the Gers and were visiting us for a couple of days. Martin and Nigel went out for a long walk with the dogs whilst Mieke and I chatted!
Saturday we all went into Mont de Marsan, visited the market and the museum area before having lunch at "La Cidrerie" After lunch Mieke and I went to drapers shop where she was able to buy some things she couldn't find in Pamiers. Rain started so back to car and we all went on to Landes Partage, big charity type store on edge of town. Back home for meal and played cards. Said goodbye to them on Sunday morning.

After all the hectic activity of the last week or so we then had a very quiet new year, just the two of us. Peace reigns!!




































































We had a very quiet New Years Eve, just N and I in front of the fire and a good meal.

A Happy New Year to all of my friends who read this.

No comments: