Saturday, September 6, 2008

Library

I joined the library in Grenade last year. It took quite a bit of finding as it is (or rather was) only a small room in an old peoples home, open just three afternoons a week. The librarian was overjoyed to have another "customer" and was even more overjoyed to tell me that next year (2008) there would me a new library and media centre opening nearer the town centre.
Well the big day has been and gone and we now have the new, super, duper library open. I went in a few days after it opened and Madame the librarian rushed over to me, "Oh Madame Marsh, welcome" , she said and gave me a tour of the premises. It certainly is a great improvement, purpose built, light and airy and so much bigger. Many more books, a childrens area, DVD and CD areas and 2 computers available for the public to use. I think that the only people to regret the closure of the old library will be the old people where it used to be. They all used to sit in the entrance hall of the home and watch the comings and goings of people to the library on the three afternoons that it was open. Life must be a lot quieter for them now.

No comments: