Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sundasy 4th October -Tuesday 6th October.




Sunday is the day that I leave Christine and David and get delivered, like a parcel, to Sue and Peter! I felt a bit sad to be leaving Christine and David, they are such good friends and they have looked after me so well. I managed to cram everything, even the books, into my suitcase and it still weighed it at under 20 kilos. We left about 11 and drove to Holmfirth where we met up with Sue and Peter and had a good gossip over lunch. I was at school with Sue so our friendship dates back to 1954 - over 50 years!
We left Holmfirth about 2.30 and drove over Holme Moss and on to Kettleshulme where we had a welcome cuppa and a relax in their very comfortable conservatory. Sue made a lovely meal and afterwards we watched some TV before going off to bed.
We had a lovely day on Monday. They drove me up to Bowstones, high in the Peak Districe, with a splendid view one way of the Peaks and in the other direction of Manchester and the Welsh mountains in the distance. Then we went on to Lyme Hall which was the setting for Pemberley in the TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. We had a coffee before setting off for a walk in the Deer Park. The Park is woodland and moorland and very beautiful. We walked for about an hour and met many dog walkers, wished we had had Rambo with us! Back to the Hall and a quick look around the beautifully landscaped gardens before going to have a look at the Macclesfield canal. Seeing the canal brought back memories of our times on the canal back in the '70's. Fortunately there was a pub nearby and we sat out in the sun and I enjoyed a welcome pint of good bitter!
Back to Sue and Peters for a late lunch and a catch up with the papers and crosswords. Lots of chatting! So good to catch up with old friends.
Early start on Tuesday as they were taking me to Manchester airport where I was to catch the coach to Liverpool airport at 7.30am.
The journey back went well and Nigel picked me up at the train station at 7pm. So good to be back home!!

No comments: