Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thursday 1st October.



In the morning we all walked into the village. David went off and Christine and I had a coffee and a cake before going to the library to use the computer there. David re-joined us and we walked back home. In the afternoon we finally went to see Max and Beryl. Beryl is just beginning to feel better after being quite ill for a week. The weather was nice and we were able to sit out in the garden with a cup of tea and have a long chat. Such a shame that last weekends plans were cancelled due to Beryl's illness.
On Thursday evening I was able to achieve the ambition of a lifetime! Christine had mentioned that their son, Mark, had bought a Burmese Python a couple of years ago. I have always wanted to handle such a beast so immediately asked if I could visit him. The snake, name of Dutch, is "lodging" at the moment at Mark's friends in Idle as Mark and family are moving house. We got there at 7pm and I was so excited!! Mark said that I had better sit down as Dutch is quite heavy, when Mark appeared with him I was awestruck. He is a wonderful colour as he is an albino and quite some size. Mark draped him around me and he seemed quite content to lie still and let me stroke him. What an experience, never to be forgotten, one of the highlights of my life!!!!!!!!

No comments: