Tuesday, November 17, 2009

4 Etoiles de Pau - Dressage Day




Friday the 23 October was the first day of the 4 star event in Pau.When I wrote my blog, last year, I was contacted by Jill in New South Wales who had read it. She was visiting family in the UK this year and was very keen to visit Pau as well. We started e mailing each other and I helped her sort out flights and booked her into a hotel very close to where the event takes place.
Her flight landed at Pau at 10am and I met her there and we went straight to the event. We had a very pleasant day, alternating between watching the dressage tests in the main arena and watching the riders warm up in the practise ring. In between we had a picnic lunch and a couple of glasses of wine. Lots of chatting and we got on very well. I was very interested to hear about her life at the other side of the world.
At the end of the day Oliver Nicolson was place first, Andrew Nicolson 2nd and Dirk Schrade was 3ed. We had both been very imressed with Dirk Schrade's test. When the dressage was over I dropped Jill at the hotel and came back home after we had arranged to meet again tomorrow.

No comments: