Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thursday 24th September. Back to my Roots

I'm leaving Nigel in charge and going back to the North for 12 days.
Nigel took me to the train station in Mont de Marsan and I caught the 10am train to Bordeaux.
Shuttle to the airport from the train station and I had a snack after checking in and before boarding the 2.40pm plane for Liverpool.
It was a good flight and as we left Bordeaux I had a wonderful view of the estuary of the Gironde, Royan, the ile d'Oleron and the ile de Re. It clouded over for a while but as we flew over Devon I was able to see the moors and then the Severn estuary.
Landed safely at Liverpool and caught the bus to Lime Street train station.
Train to Leeds where Christine and David met me at 7.15pm.
Back to their home, wonderful curry, lots of chat and off to bed.
Looking forward to my holiday and seeing Steve tomorrow.

No comments: