Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday 26th September.

David was off at 8am to play golf. The plan was that Christine and I would drop Steve off at the golf driving range on the way to the boot sale. However, as we were having breakfast, David came back after walking off the golf course after a minor dispute with his partner! So on to plan B. David and Steve went off to the driving range and Christine and I to the boot sale at Esholt. Not very big but a lot of interesting things to look at and I bought quite a few books which are even cheaper than those in the charity shops.
Steve and I were to go to Ken and Kays for lunch. I had rung Ken to say that Steve was here and could we pop over. Ken said that he was about to go down to the butchers and should he buy a pork pie for me! How well he knows me!. A good pork pie is always a treat for me when I am back in the UK. Christine dropped me off at Ken and Kays and shortly afterwards David dropped Steve off. Their friend, Eileen, from Portugal, was there as well and we all sat down to lunch. The pork pie was one of the best I have ever had so I had to have 2 helpings. Later in the afternoon Ken dropped us back at David and Christines.

No comments: